Looking for a new way to eat eggs?
I love fried eggs with a runny yolk but I often get tired of the plain flat egg white taste and texture. So I usually switch between fried eggs and scrambled eggs with the addition of frittatas, egg bakes, and poached eggs. But then I was thinking…can we have scrambled eggs with a runny yolk? Of course we could just make runny scrambled eggs, but for some reason that has never sat to well with me.
So I had this idea to remove the yolks, scramble the egg whites and then at the end add in the runny yolks. Just one more step for scrambled eggs with a runny yolk. I’m thinking I’ll call them deconstructed scrambled eggs…or deconstructed yolk eggs...or yolky scrambled eggs...
Salt and pepper
Hot sauce (optional)
1. Separate the egg yolk from the egg whites. (set them aside in a bowl or in half of the egg)
2. Whisk the egg whites in a bowl
3. Lightly oil the pan on medium high heat
4. Pour in the egg whites and continue to stir and scramble them with a spatula
5. Turn off the heat just before they finish
6. Add in the yolks to the pan with the scrambled whites or straight to your plate!