Whole30 Shrimp Cabbage Tacos
Wow! These "tacos" are a full on burst of flavor! Every bite I took I was falling more in love with the taste. All the flavors were there in a way that I almost forgot there wasn't a tortilla! That's right, whole30 tacos with cabbage shells to hold all this tasty goodness.
I really can’t believe I’ve never made cabbage tacos before! They will become a new whole30 staple for me. Also the cabbage is sweeter in Zambia so that’s a plus.
Super simple recipe:
1. Buy or make a taco seasoning. (For mine I used salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, mixed herbs, garlic powder, onion powder and red chili flakes.)
2. Toss the shrimp in the seasoning, minced garlic and hot sauce, I used tapico.
3. Sauté the shrimp in coconut oil and then squeeze 1/4 of a lime or lemon.
4. While all this is brewing, make your cabbage "tortillas" from pulling apart the cabbage and shaping it how you’d like, just as you would do with a lettuce wrap.
5. Dress the taco and make it the most delicious explosion of flavor! I layered in lots of fresh homemade pico de gallo, grated carrots, thinly sliced green peppers, 3-4 pieces of shrimp and then a little more of each garnish. Don't forget to squeeze a lime and enjoy every bite!
Additional flavor points when you drink it with homemade Kombucha!